|Photo Credit: Lysol.com|
There is so much I love about Winter. I love the crisp air, the holidays, sledding in the snow. Though the one thing I strongly dislike, COLDS and the FLU! Sure, Winter is a such a beautiful season, but there is nothing pretty about colds and the flu spreading through your family. Here are some tips on keeping your family cold-free and flu-free this year! Please feel free to comment with you favorite tips.
1) Wash Your Hands: I can’t repeat it enough! Wash your hands. Any time you come from the outside, wash your hands. Any time before you are about to eat, wash your hands. Never hurts to wash your hands! Carry a hand sanitizer in your bag. Any time you or the little ones touchy something that could be “germy”, wash those hands!
2) Cover Your Cough and Sneezes with a Tissue: It is a good habit to cover your mouth or nose when you sneeze and cough. It’s not such a great habit to use your hand! Using your hand (if you don’t immediately wash afterward) can just spread germs to others. Use a tissue, that catches the germs, which you can then easily discard. Then go wash your hands anyway!
3) Stay Away From Those Who Are Sick: If someone is sick, it is best to just stay away. Sure we don’t want them to feel bad about their germs, but it doesn’t help anyone when someone is sick hangs around those who aren’t.
4) If You Are Sick, Stay Away From Others: Like Tip #3, if you are sick, please just stay away from those who aren’t. The cold and flu aren’t forever, you will overcome the germs. However, it is best not to risk infecting anyone else.
5) Use a Disinfecting Spray: Using a disinfectant can help reduce germs on surface areas. Using sprays (like Lysol) kills germs and bacteria, greatly reducing the risk of germs spreading.
6) Bundle Up: Dress warmly and make sure those little ones do not go outside without their winter coat! Keep the immune system healthy by wearing warm enough clothing. Hats, gloves, and scarves never hurt!
7) Get Vaccinated: Vaccinations are a personal choice for patients and parents. While many people choose to be vaccinated every year, there are those who decline. Just keep in mind, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that vaccinations are the best protection against colds and the flu virus. Right now when you purchase any Lysol product, you can get a $5.00 rebate towards your flu shot program!
So what about your family? What tips and advice to you have to keep your loved ones cold and flu-free this year? What are your favorite products in fighting germs?
We do more not just because we can, but because we must. Health matters. To all of us. That’s why we’ve started the Lysol Mission for Health. With new mom programs, healthy habits initiatives in schools and disaster relief efforts, we are dedicated to doing more for health. Our mission is fueled by passion and backed by our expertise in killing germs. So when you use Lysol at home, you’ll know you’re a part of something bigger.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Lysol blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Leave a Reply