In Season 7 of Bones, Brennan welcomes her most challenging role yet when she becomes a first time mother. When Actress Emily Deschanel announced her pregnancy in the season before, the writers found a way to combine Deschanel’s real life news and her alter-ego’s storyline. In this feature, we will take a look at other actresses who’s real life pregnancy intertwined with their characters’ on-screen lives.
Hey mommas! Remember “pregnancy brain?” The forgetfulness, the hormones, the nonstop thinking of which body part is going to swell next? Still seems like yesterday! And boy am I glad it is over. Except now I suffer from “Mommy Brain.” What’s a girl to do?
A Terrible Case of “Pregnancy Brain?”
In Season 7 of How I Met Your Mother, after Lily announces her pregnancy, the gang has to deal with her hormones – not to mention her “pregnancy brain.” Take a look at this short list of tips on how to keep your cool during pregnancy and remain sane. Trust us, your friends will thank you!
In honor of this upcoming release, I present to you…
Lily and Marshall’s Guide for First-Time Parents
In How I Met Your Mother’s seventh season, first time parents, Lily and Marshall have to adjust to the rigors of parenthood and find out, like many before, just how hard it is. So fresh from family naptime, here are the topfive Eriksen family tips for first-time moms and dads.
- GET HELP. You’ll probably hear family and friends say things like “if you need help…” and “anytime you need a sitter…” Take them up on it! Also, it’s healthy to socialize. Do not feel guilty for it.
- THEY DO SLEEP. But they usually mix up nights and days during the first several weeks. What’s more, most babies do not sleep through the night until they are about four months old. Remember that too much sleep during the day will keep nighttime visitor Mr. Sandman away. And sleep when the baby sleeps!
- PLAN AHEAD. Meal time, bath time, bedtime, play time, naptime… You’ll be doing yourself a huge service by trying to plan ahead and making sure you have everything you need from the start of whatever the activity is.
- BEWARE OF OVERSTIMULATION. Mommy, daddy, grandparents and friends may have gone a little overboard, buying baby presents so be cautious about giving too much to the baby too soon. Over stimulated babies don’t sleep and overtired babies cry. A lot.
- DON’T FREAK OUT. You’re going to make mistakes but that’s never going to change so the best thing you can do for yourselves and your baby is accept this and keep going.
I received this information via Think Jam and was not financially compensated for this posting.
Have a Glee fan in your household? What better way than to celebrate Back to School than with the Glee Lunch Cookbook! On August 14th, the complete third season of Glee is arriving on Blu-ray and DVD. If you recall, season three followed New Directions through both the local and regional show choir competitions, as they made their way to Chicago to compete at nationals! Along the way, characters dealt with all sorts of issues, relationships, and of course, what to do after graduation. Dealing with college plans? Yikes!
In honor of this occasion, we are sharing these awesome Glee inspired lunch ideas. Check out the easy recipes below; and I mean easy. I’m not exactly a culinary genius and even I can cook up some of these yummies. They are perfect for lunchtime with your favorite little gleeks. Best part, the recipes are provided by cast members of this hit-TV show!
On the season finale of Saturday Night Live, Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell teamed up to debut Lazy Sunday 2! This Digital Short is the sequel to 2005’s original Lazy Sunday. While the previous Short was based on them seeing The Chronicle of Narnia, the sequel is centered around going to see the Broadway musical, Sister Act.
Take a look below! (WARNING: While the language is bleeped, this video still may include language that can be found offensive and for a mature audience.)
Now compare to the original Lazy Sunday! (Same WARNING as above. If you are familiar with Digital Shorts, view at your own risk.)
So what do you think? Original or Sequel? Or do you find Digital Shorts not even funny?