1) While this laugh might have not been funny, it was absolutely hilarious to my son. He recently had a case of the “squirts”. I did everything to get it to stop and give him some relief. Finally he went through a whole day with no squirts. Actually though, it was a whole day with nothing! My mom had been watching him while I was at work. I kept telling her “he is probably saving it all up for when I’m home from work and then will explode”. She kept saying no, that his issue was solved. Sure enough, once I was home, and she had left, he had probably the biggest explosion he’s ever had in his short 8 months! Just after it happened, he started laughing. Like a huge belly-laugh! The whole time I was changing his diaper and cleaning everything in the “splash zone”, he was laughing! He just couldn’t stop! While it wasn’t a fun experience, nothing warms my heart more than my son’s deep belly laugh!
2) Last Sunday I went to a neighbor’s house to learn more about a local community group. The NFL game (Denver vs. Chicago) was on in the background. If you were watching, you already know the “on the edge of your seat” moments. One of my neighbors let out a loud cheer which my son was not expecting! Usually loud noises don’t bother him, but he let out a cry. When I looked at him, he had the most dramatic frown I’ve ever seen! Full on pout with the bottom lip stuck out as far as it could. We couldn’t help by laugh of his little face! I whispered “you’re fine” to him, and immediately that frown went away as if it wasn’t even real! I just wish I had gotten a picture, as much as I hate to say it, his pout was just too cute!
3) Weeknights I will usually work on my lap top and watch “Friends” on Nick at Nite from 11pm to 1am. This week they had been showing the last few episodes of the final season. I can’t believe I had forgotten how hilarious they are! It’s only been 7 years and reruns are on all the time. I can’t believe how hard I was laughing! Wow I miss that show!
4) Before writing this post, I had just gotten home from a Girls Night Out with some fellow working moms. After a long stressful week at work, this was a night I was totally looking forward to! While I can’t exactly specifically point out a funny moment, we shared lots of laughs, which is always a plus. Note to self: plan more Girls Night Out Events!
5) A friend of mine showed up to an event on the weekend in a Forever Lazy! For those who don’t know, those are adult footed pajamas. Quite unexpected to see a man I’m used to seeing in a suit and tie in this adult “onsie”. I’ll admit though, it looked and felt quite comfy. For a second, and just a second, I debated ordering one for myself!