This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TryALittleGoodness #CollectiveBias
Ever have those days where you just need to find the best way to release your stress? For me, I like to run. Yes, running is actually a huge stress reliever! It’s actually something I look forward to doing and I even get excited about races. Did you know that winter is actually one of the most popular times to start training for a marathon? Many marathons start in the spring, and to go the distance, you should always train your body. I have many friends who are starting their training next month, so I thought why not create a gift basket for my runner friends to help them jump start their training journey.
When think about what to put in the baskets, typical gifts like socks and blister protection jumped to mind. However I thought why not add something as a treat to enjoy for when they finish training sessions? I recently was at Sam’s Club and discovered these amazingly delicious goodnessknows® snack squares. At only 150 calories a serving, I knew this was the perfect snack to add to the baskets. Why not use a little goodnessknows® to achieve greatness, such as completing a marathon?
Runner Gift Basket
When creating a Runner Gift Basket, I first asked myself what would *I* want in a gift basket. My focus was on items that would help and be a gift to the mind, body, and soul. All three aspects are important to consider when tackling marathon training. It’s 26.2 miles! That mileage definitely takes a toll on the mind and body, and yes, probably the soul too. Completing a marathon is definitely achieving greatness in the running world.
So while I briefly mentioned a few items above, here are more suggestions to include in your Runner Gift Basket:
- Water bottle: Hydration is key during training. During long distance runs (which is required for marathon training), I always make sure I have water on me!
- Facial wipes: As soon as I get home, one of the first things I do is take a facial wipe and brush it over my face removing all the sweat and grim from my run.
- Running socks: Very often when my feet or sore or I have blisters, it usually has to do with my shoes or socks. Nothing like jump starting training than with a new pair of running socks to rock when you hit the pavement.
- Hair ties: You can never have too many hair ties!
- Blister protection: Ouch! Nothing hurts worse during training than blisters. Unfortunately they do happen. Blister protection padding is a good product to have on hand during training to ease the pain of blisters.
- After run snack: What better way to reward yourself for a job well done on a long distance training run than with a little snack. As I mentioned above, I’m loving the goodnessknows® snack squares as they are made with real fruit, dark chocolate and whole nuts in bite-size portions! Just perfect.
- Headphones: Now I’m one who needs music to run. I keep the music on low, very often only using one earbud. However, the upbeat tempo of music keeps me going on those long runs.
- Protective lip balm: With harsh cold weather here, no one wants chapped lips. I always make sure to put on my lip balm before runs to keep my lips hydrated and prevent drying out in the cold winter wind.
- Power gel: Sometimes you need a little more than just water for hydration during runs. Power gel is another way to keep your body in check during training!
goodnessknows® snack squares
So I’m going to go ahead and back up a bit to the goodnessknows® snack squares. Each pack contains four bite-size portions. I love that these squares do not contain high fructose corn syrup, nor do they contain any artificial colors, flavors nor sweeteners.Plus it has CHOCOLATE! Who doesn’t love a chocolate treat after a long run? You deserve the reward!goodnessknows® snack squares can be found in snack aisle at your local Sam’s Club and other national retailers such as Walmart. I’m loving the goodnessknows® Cranberry, Almond, Dark Chocolate flavor. Want to try goodnessknows® for yourself? Check out demos at selected Sam’s Clubs on December 5th and 12th!