Hopefully you joined us Sunday night for the #RogueOneDigital Twitter Party, celebrating the Digital HD release of ROGUE ONE! It was an epic showdown of #TeamRebel verse #TeamEmpire, battling out with quips, gifs, and comebacks on why our team was the best. The Twitter Party host, Jennifer from A Magical Mess, announced the winning team. And who do you think was victorious…
That’s right! #TeamRebel took the cake in this Galactic Twitter Battle!
Now before I get down to a recap of the #RogueOneDigital Party… let’s chat about why you do not want to miss ROGUE ONE on home entertainment!
In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.
Action-Packed: As far as action goes, ROGUE ONE hits the mark. It almost reminds me of “war” movies. The plot line is great. The characters are actually relatable… but the action? That’s my favorite part of this film!
Importance to STAR WARS: In A NEW HOPE, you may have been wondering how the rebels got a hold of the Death Star plans. Well ROGUE ONE explains it! The last scene and shot is pure genius. If you haven’t been spoiled by it yet, I won’t give it away.
K-2SO – New Favorite Droid: I found BB-8 from THE FORCE AWAKENS to be absolutely enduring. But K-S20 had me laughing throughout this film. He was that bit of bluntness and comic relief that served a great purpose in the film.
Darth Vader Returns: When I heard there was going to be a stand alone STAR WARS film, I was curious if we would see any familiar faces. With a plot line involved the Death Star, I was excited to see that Darth Vader would certainly show up on the screen big. And show up in a big way he did! Again, I don’t want to give too much away in that final scene with him, but it certainly once again solidifies his spot as one of the top movie villains of all time.
With ROGUE OUT out on Digital HD and soon arriving on Blu-ray Combo Pack, here is a reminder of all the amazing bonus features included*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
ROGUE ONE Twitter Party
First off I have to give a big shout out to Disney Home Entertainment and Roku for the awesome ROGUE ONE merchandise they shared with us. Along with ROGUE ONE on Digital HD, I received a Roku Streaming Stick so I could watch the film on Disney Movies Anywhere! Merchandise included an Imperial Death Trooper Backpack, Rogue One Mug, Light-Up Tumbler with Straw, and a Sergeant Jyn Erso pin.
My son is OBSESSED with the backpack. It actually comes with a pull-out hood that you can use to look like an Imperial Death Trooper. I think he totally forgot we were on #TeamRebel there for a moment…
Now even though it was a virtual Twitter Party… we still had a party of our own right in the living room! I let my son pick out the menu. What did he choose? STAR WARS fruit snacks and tacos. Yes if you know anything from my family from social media, it is that we are obsessed with tacos. So it was no surprise that is what my little rebel requested.
ROGUE ONE on Home Entertainment
Have you seen ROGUE ONE yet?
This post is in partnership with Disney Home Entertainment. All opinions are 100% my own.