Last month we announced that comedian Dane Cook was slated to voice Dusty in Disney’s PLANES! Scheduled for an August 9th release, PLANES is the latest action-packed 3D adventure, inspired by the hit film CARS. My little one loves all this cars, trucks, trains, and yes, planes. So he is beyond excited for this movie (and I have to be honest, so am I!)
The film will be an inspirational one. Dusty is a plane who so badly wants to be a high flying racer, but the problem? He’s scared of heights! With the help of a seasoned-naval aviator, Dusty work on his courage to overcome his fears and achieve his dreams. This concept is perfect for any child who needs a little push in learning to be brave and achieve their dreams.
Disney now has finally released the full list of this star-studded voice cast. I’ve included the full press release below for you to read, but first, you have to check out the teaser trailer! If you and your family were fans of CARS, you will be sure to love PLANES!
Don’t forget to connect with PLANES on Facebook and Twitter! In all the excitement of the release, follow the #DisneyPlanes hashtag for the latest information and news.
Full Press Release
BURBANK, Calif. (March 27, 2013) – Audiences worldwide are fastening their seatbelts as “Disney’s Planes” prepares to take off this summer. Joining Dane Cook, who provides the voice of Dusty, are Stacy Keach, Brad Garrett, Teri Hatcher, Cedric the Entertainer, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, John Cleese, Carlos Alazraqui, Priyanka Chopra, Gabriel Iglesias, Roger Craig Smith, Colin Cowherd, Sinbad, Oliver Kalkofe and Brent Musburger.
Adding some high-flying flair from a classic feature film are Anthony Edwards and Val Kilmer.
Inspired by the world of “Cars” and directed by Disneytoon Studios veteran and aviation enthusiast Klay Hall (“King of the Hill,” “The Simpsons”), “Disney’s Planes” is an action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure about Dusty’s dream of competing as a high-flying air racer—and his decidedly unfortunate fear of heights. The film takes off in theaters in 3D on Aug. 9, 2013.
· Stacy Keach (“The Bourne Legacy,” Alexander Payne’s upcoming “Nebraska,” Robert Rodriguez’s and Frank Miller’s “Sin City: A Dame To Kill For”) provides the voice of Skipper, a reclusive old Navy Corsair who takes Dusty’s training to new heights.
· Brad Garrett (“Everybody Loves Raymond,” “How to Live with Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life”) lends his voice to fuel truck Chug, Dusty’s buddy, coach and biggest fan.
· Teri Hatcher (“Coraline,” ABC’s “Desperate Housewives”) brings life and charm to the say-it-like-it-is mechanic Dottie.
· Cedric the Entertainer (“Barbershop,” “Larry Crowne, “Madagascar”) as Leadbottom, a puttering old biplane who has no time for Dusty’s far-fetched flights of fancy.
· Julia Louis-Dreyfus (“Veep,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine,” “Seinfeld”) lends her voice to Rochelle, a tough and confident racer who is the pride of the Great White North.
· John Cleese (TV’s “Whitney,” “A Fish Called Wanda”) is the voice of Bulldog, the oldest and arguably wisest racer on the circuit.
· Carlos Alazraqui (James Garcia on Comedy Central’s “Reno 911”) brings to life the intensely charming El Chupacabra, a racer with more dramatic flair than is recommended at high altitudes.
· Priyanka Chopra (“Barfi!”) voices the exotic, mysterious and ruthless Ishani, the reigning Pan-Asian champion from India.
· Roger Craig Smith (Captain America in Disney XD’s “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,” voice of Sonic The Hedgehog in “Wreck-It Ralph”) voices world champion racer Ripslinger—wings down, the biggest name in air racing—and he knows it.
· Gabriel Iglesias (Comedy Central’s “Gabriel Iglesias Presents Stand-up Revolution”) provides the voices of both Ned and Zed, two not-so-sharp saboteurs who work for Ripslinger.
· Val Kilmer (“Batman Forever,” “Top Gun”) provides the voice of Bravo, a member of the Jolly Wrenches and a fan of air racing.
· Anthony Edwards (TV’s “Zero Hour,” “Top Gun”) is the voice of Echo, a member of the Jolly Wrenches and a fan of air racing.
· Colin Cowherd (ESPN) gives play-by-play coverage as Colin Cowling, an affable blimp and an eye-in-the-sky reporter for the Racing Sports Network.
· Sinbad (Comedy Central’s “Where U Been?”) brings to life Roper, an irascible race official pitty full of sly remarks and colorful commentary.
· Oliver Kalkofe (“Neues vom Wixxer”) provides the voice of meek German minicar Franz and his brazen airborne alter ego Fliegenhosen.
· Brent Musburger (ESPN, ABC Sports) brings Brent Mustangburger, the excitable 1964½ Ford Mustang sports broadcasting icon, back to the big screen.
I’m so excited for this movie! Check out my PLANES Pinterest Board for more fun!
this looks like a movie my daughter would just love!
Bonny @ TheDomesticatedPrincess.com says
Disney Cars is one of my children’s all time favorite movies, so I hope this one is just as good!
Laura O in AK says
We loved Cars and the younger boys are eagerly anticipating this movie, too.
Chelsea @ Someday I'll Learn says
Oh my gosh, my husband is going to be beside himself over this one. Yes, I said husband instead of sons. He’s the HUGE Disney fan here!
This is going to be such a great film, what an all-star cast. I can’t wait to see their characters.
Cool. Gonna be a great film.
Looks like a fun movie. Can’t wait to see it.
Jennifer Williams says
My youngest will love this one, can not wait to see it.