I came across this Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad and just had to share, especially since it is the Labor Day weekend. I might just have to make this for the BBQ! This recipe can be found on Parents.com.
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 red sweet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1/2 of a small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cups cooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Lightly brush vegetables with 1 tablespoon of the oil. For a charcoal grill, place vegetables on the rack of the grill over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill for 3 to 5 minutes for asparagus, turning once, and about 10 minutes for the zucchini, sweet pepper, and onion, turning once, or until vegetables are tender. Remove and cool slightly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add vegetables to grill rack and grill as above.)
2. Cut vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces and toss with pasta in a large bowl. Add remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper to pasta mixture; toss to coat. Makes 4 servings.
Working Mommy says
That looks yummy enough for adults too! Always a great idea to hide veggies in pasta for the kiddies. Have a great weekend!