Earlier this month I posted about how Disney’s THE JUNGLE BOOK would be playing in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime locations for opening week. Yesterday I was able to experience watching the latest live action version of the Disney animated classic on the big screen. Not just any big screen though… Yes I experienced THE JUNGLE BOOK in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime Tysons Corner 16. I definitely have to say, watching a film in Dolby Cinema is the absolute amazing movie-going experience!
So before I get into THE JUNGLE BOOK, let me chat a little bit about how incredible it is to see this film in Dolby Cinema. The theater was absolute state-of-the-art from the ticket kiosks to all the upcoming movie displays. Impressive! Plus I must admit, the snack bar had a great selection. Of course there was the classic options of popcorn, soda, and candy. But pizza, hot dogs, and even mozzarella sticks were available!
I was excited to see all the JUNGLE BOOK displays! It all just reminded me how eager I was to see the film, and was pumped for this new movie-going experience with Dolby Cinema.
Now I had seen stock photos of the premium stadium seating in Dolby Cinemas before… but to see it in person? Wow! Lots of leg room, and the seats recline with a leg rest! Plus I love that the seats are actually in sets of two, so that you can pull up the seat divider and VIOLA! You then have a “loveseat” size couch. Very comfy!
My son was definitely loving the big comfy seats. Now I’ll admit the film does have a few parts that may be intense for the preschool age audience. My son was able to easily climb into my arms when need be. I must say though, there are so many aspects to this film that make it perfect for a Family Movie Night with children 8 and up.
Fair warning, the seats will shake. That’s the magic of Dolby Cinema though! Part of it is the use of Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Atmos®. These advanced technologies create such vivid imagery and dynamic audio that words can’t describe. The Dolby Vision projection system uses cutting edge optics and image processing to deliver high dynamic range with enhanced color technology and a contrast ratio that far exceeds that of any other image technology! In other words, you will feel like you are right there in the film!
So now let’s talk JUNGLE BOOK… Based on Rudyard Kipling’s timeless stories, this movie follows the adventure of young Mowgli, a man-cub who’s been raised by a family of wolves. As Mowgli grows up, he soon realizes that he is not exactly welcomed in the jungle when he is viewed as a threat by an enemy tiger. Mowgli then abandons the pack to set out on a new journey with his mentor and a new found friend… Now let’s get into why I thoroughly enjoyed this film!
Five Reasons To See The Jungle Book
1) The Breathtaking Stunning Visuals – I can’t tell you how in awe I was of The Jungle Book. The film is beyond visually stunning. Now I know seeing the film in Dolby Cinema gives it the real life aspect, but I’m sure even seeing the film on the regular big screen, would still create a beautiful scene-scape. I mean, this movie had photo real quality when it came to each scene. You feel like you are there in the jungle. Just gorgeous.
2) Bill Murray! – Bill Murray is absolutely one of my favorite actors. Funny enough, my five year old’s most favorite movie is the 1984 classic… Ghostbusters. Yes, you read that right. So when I told him that Peter Venkman would be voicing Baloo, I think that is what sold my son on seeing this film. Murray not only brings his comedic genius to the role, but also something quite endearing and just lovable about the character.
3) Perfect Casting – Well in speaking of Bill Murray as Baloo, I’ll just say… the casting overall was perfect. I’ve included a featurette below on the “voices” in the film that you have to watch. The voices and the characters were a perfect match with one another. This includes Ben Kingsley as Bagheera, Idris Elba as Shere Khan, Christopher Walken as King Louie, Scarlett Johansson as Kaa, Lupita Nyong’o as Raksha, and Giancarlo Esposito as Akela.
4) The Classic Jungle Book Songs – Now Director Jon Favreau stated that he did not want this film to be a musical like the animated version. However, it doesn’t mean he necessarily left the classic tunes such as “The Bare Necessities” and “I Wan’na Be Like You” out of the film. You’ll hear them!
5) Neel Sethi as Mowgli – Hopefully you were following the hashtag #JungleBookEvent and saw the interviews with Neel in reference to this film. Did you know that JUNGLE BOOK was actually his first audition? That’s right. He won the lead role in his first audition! Neel fits the role of Mowgli perfectly. I could describe exactly why… but really you go see him in action for yourself!
The Voices Featurette
In celebration of THE JUNGLE BOOK opening, check out this amazing video highlighting the voices in the film…
The Jungle Book Trailer
Don’t forget! This film is out now and if you would like to catch it in Dolby Cinema for the opening week, check out the movie at these participating AMC Prime theaters:
AMC Desert Ridge 18
AMC North Point Mall 12
AMC Hawthorn 12
AMC BarryWoods 24
AMC Empire 25
AMC Garden State 16
AMC Town Square 18
AMC Hampton Town Centre 24
AMC River Park Square 20
AMC Tysons Corner 16
I received financial compensation via Dolby Cinema in exchange for this post. All options and thoughts expressed are 100% my own.