Last month I headed to California for a press trip. Looking at the weather in advance, I realized that the Golden State was going have a lot more warmth and sunshine than what I’ve been dealing with here on the East Coast. It was time to break out the shorts and skirts. Sadly, I realized my legs where still in their… “winter state” so to speak. I knew it was time to get my legs ready for summer and get back into some of my favorite routines to feel my best. So today I’m here to share with you a few of my favorite beauty tips!
When I think of summer, my mind immediately thinks of all the time I will spend outside. I think of the beach, the wharfs in Newport, the docks of Annapolis, window shopping in DC, music festivals, vacations, running in races, backyard BBQs, and more… Yes with the change of season, I need to get on the other change… The change of beauty routines.
Beauty Tips to Help You Feel Your Best
Here are a few of my favorite beauty routines and tips that I like to use when I prepare for a fun summer night out. Not only do I want to look my best, but it is key to also FEEL my best.
- Turn the Music Up – Nothing gets me more pumped and feeling great than listening to my favorite songs. Turn up your jams while getting ready. Sing along if you will! Dancing around, feeling happy and silly, while listening to my favorite tunes, definitely puts me in a good mood.
- Oatmeal Body Wash – Let’s face it, sometimes during the summer, sunburns happen. I need to keep my skin feeling not only moisturized, but soothe any sunburns as well. I don’t like to use harsh bar soaps. I personally love using body washes that contain soothing oatmeal ingredients, just like St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash to keep my skin feeling like silk. Not only is it made with 100% natural ingredients, but it is also paraben free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.
- Body Scrub – In the summertime, because I’m using much more sunscreen, I notice that my skins has a tendency to get oily with residue. Nothing feels better than when I can enjoy a nice scrub in the shower, bringing my skin back to its natural state. I do this morning and night! I’m a big fan of St. Ives Fresh Apricot Scrub, as it leaves my skin not only feeling amazing, but smelling great too. Plus just like the body wash, it made with 100% natural ingredients, as well as paraben free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.
- Hair Conditioner – Always use hair conditioner! When washing your hair in the shower, don’t just shampoo. Always remember to use a conditioner. It detangles, moisturizes, and protects your hair, which is always important, especially in the summer heat.
- Scented Shaving Cream – Anytime I shave, I ALWAYS use shaving cream. I absolutely love the feeling of my legs underarms, and bikini area smooth, and bump-free. So I always use a shaving cream in the shower. One of my favorites is Skintimate Strawberry Tangerine. The scent is absolutely PERFECT for summer!
- Moisturizing Razor – As I mentioned above, I always feel my best in the summer when my legs, underarms, and bikini area are silky smooth. Using the right razor is a must in my beauty routine! Right now I’m loving the Hydro Silk Trimstyle Razor by Schick. The water-activated moisturizing serum and 5 curve-sensing blades give me a close and accurate shave. Using Skintimate and Schick together gets me perfect summer legs because these brands offer the perfect at-home tools to help me feel beautiful in my own skin.
- Air Dry – Summer is hot, but I don’t always have the AC on full blast. Usually in those hot months, when I get out of the shower, I use a towel real quick to pat the water off, but instead of getting ready with a heavy towel wrapped around my body, I allow myself to air dry. Leaves me feel more free (and not sweating!) while I prep for the night.
- Waterproof Mascara – Mascara is always a must-have when I want my eyes to just pop. As much as we don’t like to admit it, ladies, you know we sweat. Why let your makeup run though? Keep the smudges and sweat away by sticking to a to a waterproof mascara.
- Bright Nail Polish (Especially Pink!) – Whether it is on my fingertips or toes, using a pretty bright nail polish that really stands out makes me feel a little more “put-together.” It is one of those small details, that still makes a big impact on not only the way I look, but how I feel.
- Summer Prints – Break out the summer prints to help empower you to feel your best. Be bold, pick colors, let your personality shine!
Hopefully you’ll find some of these tips useful next time you are preparing for a fun summer night out, or just in prepping your legs for beautiful weather.
Next time you visit an Ahold store (like Stop & Shop, Giant and Martin’s) look for this special offer: Buy any Schick women’s razor, disposable or refill + St. Ives Skin care, get FREE St. Ives Body Wash!
Schick® and St Ives®, partnering with Universal Studios and Pitch Perfect 2, are helping to celebrate the different steps a woman takes each day to create a confident style as unique as the legs she stands on.
How does your beauty routine empower you to be your best? Any beauty tips to share?
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick® & St. Ives® . The opinions and text are all mine.