Have a Glee fan in your household? What better way than to celebrate Back to School than with the Glee Lunch Cookbook! On August 14th, the complete third season of Glee is arriving on Blu-ray and DVD. If you recall, season three followed New Directions through both the local and regional show choir competitions, as they made their way to Chicago to compete at nationals! Along the way, characters dealt with all sorts of issues, relationships, and of course, what to do after graduation. Dealing with college plans? Yikes!
In honor of this occasion, we are sharing these awesome Glee inspired lunch ideas. Check out the easy recipes below; and I mean easy. I’m not exactly a culinary genius and even I can cook up some of these yummies. They are perfect for lunchtime with your favorite little gleeks. Best part, the recipes are provided by cast members of this hit-TV show!
Emma’s Crustless Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
· 12 slices of bread
· Peanut butter
· Fruit jelly or preserves of your choice
1. Toast 4 of the bread slices. These pieces will be used in the center of the sandwiches.
2. After cooling, spread both sides of one center slice with peanut butter.
3. Spread jelly or preserves on one side of the remaining non-toasted slices.
4. Place two of the jellied slices on each side of the peanut butter slices. Repeat for each sandwich.
5. Carefully cut off the crusts of all four sides of each sandwich.
6. Cut each sandwich diagonally and serve.
· 8 medium potatoes, peeled
· 4 tablespoons flour
· ½ tsp. pepper
· 1 tsp. salt
· Canola Oil
1. Using a grater, finely shred the potatoes.
2. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
3. Heat enough oil to come up the sides the bottom of a deep fryer or pot.
4. Form the potato mix into small balls and drop into oil.
5. Fry till slightly golden.
6. Drain tots onto paper towels.
7. Season with salt and pepper. Ready to serve.
Finn’s Grilled Cheesus
· 8 slices white bread
· 4 slices cheddar cheese
· 3 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat
2. Butter one side of a slice of bread and place facing down onto skillet.
3. Add 1 slice of cheese.
4. Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter side facing up on top of sandwich
5. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
Rachel Berry Cheesecake
· 1 graham cracker pie crust
· 1 8 oz. cream cheese package
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1 cup whipped cream
· 3 cups fresh berries
· 1 cup strawberry jelly
1. Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and whipped cream in a mixer.
2. Add in the berries and mix until smooth.
3. Spoon mix into pie crust.
4. Chill in fridge until set.
5. Melt the strawberry jelly in a saucepan until smooth. Mix in fresh berries and top jelly mixture onto cake.
Don’t those recipes sound delicious? Which one is your favorite or would you like to try? Enjoy!
I was not financially compensated for this post.
Rachel Berry Cheesecake looks yummy. Is it sad that I haven’t seen one episode of Glee yet?!
Patty A says
How fun. This made me want to watch Glee… I think I’ll start on it tonight.
I would love to try the Rachel Berry Cheesecake!