I’m sure there are tons of readers out there who are excited for CARS 3 to arrive in theaters this summer! However if you want to get a taste of CARS early, check out the CARS 3 Road to the Races Tour. It’s coming to the Washington DC area on May 10!
CARS 3 Road to the Races, a nationwide tour, invites fans of #95 to enjoy everyone’s favorite CARS for activities and to get a sneak peek of the movie. Check out life-size, character look-alikes of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy Cruz Ramirez and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm.
The event takes place on May 10, from 12 PM – 5 PM (last guest entry at 4 PM), in Downtown Silver Spring, at 8541 Georgia Ave. (Corner of Georgia Ave. and Colesville Rd.)
Check out all the fun that this event includes:
- Alamo Rent A CarSM is hosting a street art booth and will bring CARS 3 to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir. Owned and operated by Enterprise Holdings, Alamo Rent A Car offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations around the world.
- Coppertone® is creating a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity. A leader in the sun care industry, Coppertone is made by Bayer HealthCare, LLC.
- Crest® and Oral-B® celebrate the Road to the Races tour, providing fans with an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get “Cars”-themed oral care products. Crest and Oral-B are the first step to enjoying a lifetime of healthy smiles.
- Dole®, the leader in fresh, quality produce, invites visitors to fuel up and recharge their batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, collect CARS 3-inspired recipes and discover how Dole and Disney are working together to make healthy living fun and easy for families.
- Mattel presents an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present. Mattel is the leading global childhood development and play company.
- Fans will be able to catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater. Visitors will also be able to take photos with the life-size character cars.
- The sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.
- Mack Trucks, Inc. will transport the life-size character cars on the coast-to-coast tour.
CARS 3 Extended Look
The roster of cities includes Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles, among others—the full list is available at CARS3tour.com. The “Road to the Races” nationwide tour wraps up in California with a visit to NASCAR at the Sonoma Raceway June 24-25, 2017, and the life-size character cars will also roll onto the red carpet for the “Cars 3” world premiere on Saturday, June 10, 2017.
CARS 3 is out in theaters June 16, 2017.
CARS 3 “Road to the Races” Nationwide Tour Photos by Gerardo Mora/Getty Images for Disney.