This is a sponsored post. While I received financial compensation via a gift card, all opinions are 100% my own.
Living in a historic city, my home is just a “baby” compared to the others in my area. Since it was built in 2002, I never thought I would have to worry about any hidden dangers. My home is sound in structure, and I was more worried about my son falling off all the furniture he climbs on, or sticking something in his mouth that shouldn’t be there and choking. Boy was I wrong thinking those were the only dangers. It doesn’t matter how old your home is, one deadly hidden danger is carbon monoxide (CO). colorless, odorless and tasteless, CO is deadly within minutes.
The only safe way to detect CO in your home with with a working CO alarm. While according to the U.S. Census, 75% of all homes have a potential source of carbon monoxide, it’s unfortunate to know that only 50% of homes have a functional carbon monoxide alarm. It is actually recommended that you place an alarm on every level of your home and in sleeping areas. I know I would feel much safer if I had all the areas covered to protect my family and I from this silent killer.
This year Kidde released the Worry-Free Carbon Monoxide Alarm! This alarm is the first and only UL-listed CO alarm proven to provide up to 10 years of protection. That is twice the lifespan in other available alarms! In other words, no more constantly have to change batteries, or that annoying low-battery beeping! These alarms are different because they use a sealed-in lithium battery that powers the alarm for a decade. How awesome is that?