In honor of this upcoming release, I present to you…
Lily and Marshall’s Guide for First-Time Parents
In How I Met Your Mother’s seventh season, first time parents, Lily and Marshall have to adjust to the rigors of parenthood and find out, like many before, just how hard it is. So fresh from family naptime, here are the topfive Eriksen family tips for first-time moms and dads.
- GET HELP. You’ll probably hear family and friends say things like “if you need help…” and “anytime you need a sitter…” Take them up on it! Also, it’s healthy to socialize. Do not feel guilty for it.
- THEY DO SLEEP. But they usually mix up nights and days during the first several weeks. What’s more, most babies do not sleep through the night until they are about four months old. Remember that too much sleep during the day will keep nighttime visitor Mr. Sandman away. And sleep when the baby sleeps!
- PLAN AHEAD. Meal time, bath time, bedtime, play time, naptime… You’ll be doing yourself a huge service by trying to plan ahead and making sure you have everything you need from the start of whatever the activity is.
- BEWARE OF OVERSTIMULATION. Mommy, daddy, grandparents and friends may have gone a little overboard, buying baby presents so be cautious about giving too much to the baby too soon. Over stimulated babies don’t sleep and overtired babies cry. A lot.
- DON’T FREAK OUT. You’re going to make mistakes but that’s never going to change so the best thing you can do for yourselves and your baby is accept this and keep going.
I received this information via Think Jam and was not financially compensated for this posting.